Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I got Liebstered!


I’m a very grateful receiver of a Liebster award, thanks massively to Sara in Le Petit Village for the lovely handover.


For those of you that don’t know, the Liebster is an award passed between the blog community; bloggers nominate blogs they follow. It’s a bit of a shout out to your fellow bloggers, shows appreciation for their posts, and encourages their readers to follow new blogs. I’m honoured to receive one from Sara. I blog because I like it, I find it very cathartic. But, I love that other people enjoy it too.

There are rules around receiving a Liebster:

1. Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award (Done, above! Follow her, she’s awesome. I actually know Sara too and used to work with her, so I love following her life in France.)

2. List 11 random facts about yourself.

3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.

4. Write 11 questions for your nominees.

5. Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.

So here goes!

11 random facts about me (going to have to pick things I’ve not already divulged in previous posts!)

1. I had straight hair until I was 12. Poker straight. It turned curly in the space of about 2 weeks, no joke. Puberty happened and so did my curls! (for those that don't know me, see pic on my Twitter, that's how curly my hair is now!)

2. I’m currently learning German. I’ve not learned a language since I was at school. (I’m not counting my dabbling in Latin at college!). But, I work on German based projects so am learning German through work. Loving it so far, but I’m only 6 months in. Meine name ist Sandra, ich komme aus England aber wohne in Dublin. Ich arbeite in Blackrock, und ich habe keine kinder. (That’s about the extent of it, unless you want to know about the contents of my kitchen!)

3. I bit my nails until I was 24. I tried so many times to stop before, but it was the prospect of my sisters wedding and the imminent bridesmaidness that finally made me stop!

4. I didn’t see Star Wars, The Goonies or Labryinth until I was 20. I didn’t watch a lot of what people my age would term ‘normal’ kids films when I was a child, for various reasons. I’ve learned to appreciate these films but they don’t hold the same ‘Oh my god!’ factor that they do for most.

5. I’ll try anything once food wise. How do I know whether I like it or not? This freaks a few friends out but means I’ve tried some super yummy stuff (and some minging stuff too!)

6. I broke and dislocated my wrist when I was 10 falling off some monkey bars. My nan was with me and whisked me off to the hospital. I remember her being calm, but she was a worrier so she must have been super panicked!

7. I’ve not lived with my mother since I was 6. I occasionally refer to things re my mum, but have never divulged much on the blog. I may do one day...

8. I can’t drive. Well, this is kind of true. I can actually operate a car, but I don’t hold a licence. I’ve never needed to, but I must learn at some point soon. It’s a bloody scary prospect though...!

9. I was nearly called Sonia.

10. I sleep with a Stuffed moose. He doesn’t have a name, but he’s uber cuddly and I love him.

11. My favourite boys name is Conor.

                   ---------------------------------------------

Answer the 11 questions I was asked:

What movie or TV show do you hate that everyone else loves? Gavin and Stacey. I’ve seen one episode. It’s not funny, I don’t like James Corden. I just don’t understand the appeal of the show.

Where were you when you ate your first Chicken McNugget? Oh good lord, erm, I don’t honestly know! I can’t remember the first time I ate a McDonalds...although it was likely in Leeds.

Who are you five dream dinner guests (alive or dead) and what would you cook them? Oscar Wilde, David Attenborough, Daniel Craig, Stephen Hawking & Billy Connolly.
Starter: Chicken Liver Pate (my absolute fave!) Main: Roast dinner with all the trimmings, and proper gravy, none of this Bisto rubbish. And home made Yorkshire Puds. Dessert: Self saucing Chocolate pudding and Crunchie infused ice cream. (Damn I’m hungry now!)

What is your favourite book or author? Oh wow. Favourite book would probably be The Wind in the Willows. I have fabulous memories of my dad reading this to me in bed on a Saturday morning when I was younger. Favourite author, Oscar Wilde.

What is your favourite tipple? Amaretto. I don’t drink it often because I love it so much. (sounds mad, but I’d hate to get bored of it!)

What's your middle name? Fiona (don’t think there’s a family connection, never actually asked!)

If you were given €4000 for a holiday, where would you go and what would you do? I’d take a trip to Yellowstone National Park, then onto northern Norway for the Northern Lights, then finally to Antarctica.

What song do you hear, that when you hear it, takes you right back to your childhood/ teenage years? This question makes me laugh because there isn’t a simple answer to this. This post will give you a better insight! But, if I had to pick one, I’d say Eve of the War from Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds. Reminds me of being in the car and driving up to Scotland to go on holiday as a kid.

What's your favorite sport and favourite team? Rugby Union, Leinster (Irish Province). My family isn’t a sporty one, so I wasn’t brought up to follow a local team or appreciate a sport. As such, my love of Rugby is a late addition and is fully attributed to my flatmate Claire. She’s a Leinster supporter and by association I’ve become a follower too. I must add that liking Union is tantamount to sacrilege. I’m from Northern England, that’s League territory!

McDonald's or Burger King? Burger King. Chilli Cheese Bites....mmmm nom nom nom. I’ve had many a fun post drinking meal in Burger King in Dublin!

What is your favourite city in the world? Hmm, this is a tough one. I think it’d have to be Barcelona. I’ve only been once, and it was only for 4 days but I adore it. But of course, I love Dublin too, hence why I live here!

                      ----------------------------------------

I’m passing the Liebster onto these 4 blogs. I enjoy them all, so thank you! 1. Little E and Bean 2. My Little Acorns 3. Shadow Scribe 4. The Life of Stuff

And here are your 11 questions to answer (with thanks to Sara for one of the questions!):

1. What’s the one place you must visit before you die?

2. If you could live without music or books, what would it be?

3. Why did you start blogging and what do you love about it most?

4. What’s your best childhood memory?

5. Where’s your favourite holiday destination?

6. What do you love most about your husband/wife/fiancée?

7. What’s your shoe size?

8. Pepsi or Coke?

9. Who are your five dream dinner guests (alive or dead) and what would you cook them?

10. Where was your honeymoon, or where is it going to be?

11. What’s your favourite season?



I enjoyed that! Thanks for reading, as always!

Much love, and until next time!

Sandra.

x

2 comments:

Sara Louise said...

I loved all of your answers!
1. I cannot believe you had straight hair before! That is nuts! I've been curly since birth, except since my mid-20's my hair has relaxed a little bit and I don't seem to have as much of it.
5. Me too - within reason. Since living in France, I've tried beef tongue and veal head but I draw the line at reptiles and bugs.
9. You are so a Sandra, not a Sonia!

Have some chili cheese bites for me please... the closest BK to me is in Marseille airport. I'll pop in before my flight to Dublin in two weeks :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's made about my hair really! It really was in the space of about 2 weeks it turned, and it's gotten curlier as time's gone on!

I'm not sure I'd eat dog, but I reckon I'd try anything else. Have had Guinea Pig, seagull & Boar. I'd try snake, and bugs etc.

Yes, I'm glad I'm not Sonia...

I don't need any encouragement to eat Chilli Cheese Bites believe me! Hungry now!!